Friday 30 December 2011

Learn English/ Improve your English (8)

The topic of this piece would be the use of some prepositions in phrases that do not require them.
I have made up my mind about writing this article because I keep hearing these mistakes while interacting with my students, due to the somewhat resemblance with the Romanian language.  
So do not say: “I go to shopping”, but “I go shopping”. The same goes for “to go skating”, “to go fishing” etc. In Romanian we say: “Mă duc la cumpărături”, so students cannot resist the urge to also translate the preposition into English.
Also do not say: “I go to home”, but “I go home”. Another article on the same topic is to be found here.
More about the use of prepositions you can find in future articles or in class.

Pentru mai multe informatii va rugam sa ne accesati paginile web: www.StartEnglish.ro.
www.Engleza-de-Afaceri.ro

 

No comments:

Post a Comment