Friday 16 December 2011

Learn English/ Improve your English (6)

In many cases my students misuse some phrases, or better say, they use the wrong verbs in some phrases. Also these mistakes derive from the association students make with the same phrases in the Romanian language.
So do not say : “ I take a shower / I make a shower’’ or “I take breakfast /dinner /lunch”.  
Always say: “ I have a shower” and “I have breakfast/ lunch / dinner”.
These kinds of mistakes are made due to the fact that the similar phrases in Romanian are:”(Eu) fac duș “, “(Eu) iau micul dejun”.
It is difficult and not advisable to learn these phrases by heart, but using them in conversation helps a lot. That is why I based my courses on conversing. Using the new  vocabulary in dialogues is the first step towards at least remembering it. One has to use and master a language in conversation and not necessarily while doing some grammar tasks.

Pentru mai multe informatii va rugam sa ne accesati paginile web: 
www.StartEnglish.ro.
www.Engleza-de-Afaceri.ro

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes a phrase like “ I take a shower” is accepted in the colloquial language.

    ReplyDelete